ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage traditionally originates from family massage rituals in Indian and has been practised for thousands of years. It is based on an ancient system of medicine called "Ayurveda" which means the science of life and longevity. It is now widely practised in the Western World.
Indian Head Massage can be taken to promote relaxation, a sense of well being and can be an important element in controlling stress management using simple hand techniques which are safe and simple.
This certified course is run over 50 hours and will result in an ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Indian Head Massage (Minimum age for students is 18 (by examination date)).
Pre-requisite qualifications:ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology Units 30-40
ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Professional Conduct/Business Awareness Unit 22
The course includes:
- The History and Philosophy of Indian Head Massage
- The benefits, contra-indications and contra-actions of Indian Head massage
- Revision and extended anatomy of the head, neck and shoulders
- Location of pressure points of the skull
- The theory and practice of Indian Head Massage
- Understanding the importance of client aftercare
- Advice on choice of equipment and clothing for both therapist and client
- To complete 5 detailed client case studies x 4 treatments
There will be a 30 minute multiple choice theory examination paper and a practical examination, plus students will be required to hand in 5 Case Studies.
Successful students will be awarded the ITEC Internationally recognised Diploma together with a School Diploma.
Student insurance can be obtained from Embody, to provide cover whilst practicing and completing case studies outside school attendance.