ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage
The term 'holistic' comes from the Greek word 'holos' meaning whole. The holistic approach takes into account the person's whole being, and not just the physical symptoms or problems.
The ancient cultures of Japan, Egypt, Rome and Arabia all considered massage to be calming, soothing and relaxing, and very important as a healing therapy.
This involves legs, back, neck, arms, abdomen, chest and face. This therapy is given whilst lying on a massage couch. The massage is given by the use of the hands using various movements to manipulate muscles.
This certified course is run over 50 hours and will result in an ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage. (Unit 2). Minimum age for students is 18 (by examination date).
Pre-requisite qualifications:ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology Units 30-40
ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Professional Conduct/Business Awareness Unit 22
The course includes:
- The history of massage
- The physical and psychological benefits of massage therapy
- To practise the classical movements of Swedish massage and towel draping techniques
- To understand the Holistic approach
- To complete 5 detailed client case studies x4 treatments
- To have a basic understanding of other complementary therapies
- Understand the importance of client care
- Advice on choice of equipment and clothing for both therapist and client
There will be a 1 hour multiple choice theory examination paper and a practical examination plus students will be required to hand in 5 Case Studies.
Successful students will be awarded the ITEC Internationally recognised Diploma together with a School Diploma.
Student insurance can be obtained from Embody, to provide cover whilst practicing and completing case studies outside school attendance.