ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils from plants which can be used in many different forms, such as fragrances, bath oils, inhalations or massage oils. The use of essential oils in Aromatherapy can be used with or without massage and is used to bring about a sense of well being and balance.
This certified course is run over 80 hours and will result in an ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy (Unit 3)
The aromatherapy course is a postgraduate course suitable for those wishing to qualify as practitioners. Minimum age for students is 18 (by examination date).
Pre-requisite qualifications:ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology Units 30-40
ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Professional Conduct/Business Awareness Unit 22
ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage Unit 2
On the course students will:
- Learn the history and development of Aromatherapy
- Understand the principles of Aromatherapy massage and perform correct techniques for a full body massage
- Carry out a full facial and scalp treatment including facial cleansing techniques
- Learn other methods or using essential oils in Aromatherapy treatments
- Study the therapeutic values, origins and botanical names of 42 essential oils, their uses, possible toxicity, storage and blending
- Study the chemical composition of essential oils
- Recap the functions, structures of the Skin, Lymphatic and Endocrine systems
- Learn how to effect a thorough client consultation for an Aromatherapy treatment
- Understand the importance of hygiene, client care, professional conduct and ethics
- Be guided on how to set up in practice, obtain professional insurance and basic book-keeping
There will be a one hour multiple choice theory examination paper and a practical examination of a full aromatherapy treatment, all students will be required to hand in 10 case studies, each of a minimum of 4 treatments, to the external examiner.
Successful students will be awarded the ITEC Internationally recognised Diploma together with a School Diploma.
Student insurance can be obtained from Embody, to provide cover for using essential oils whilst practicing and completing case studies outside school attendance.